Friday, August 03, 2007

Adatarayama 安達太良山 1709m difficulty~1 scenery~3
climbed twice



Mt. Adatara is only about 30mins from my place. The first time we climbed it the weather was great, clear views for miles around. Haruna and I climbed it again in July 06 in the pouring rain just for fun. A few days earlier some school kids where climbing here and one girl broke her ankle and had to be air lifted out.

Visibility was very poor on the day we climbed, often only a few metres during white-outs. The climb and decent itself was very muddy and slippery. Just aswell we both have GoreTex boots otherwise it would have been a very uncomfortable climb. We summited in about 3 hrs had some lunch at the top and chatted with a few old dudes who kept asking me if I was a ski instructor and if we were on our honey moon for some reason. On the way down I managed to slip on my butt twice and Haruna once making our rain suits muddy as hell. Great fun!